The Summer Palace
Back to :
Link to Ayutthaya
Link to Bangsai
Pa-In palace was constructed during the reign of King Prasat Thong (1629 - 1656), and revived by
King Rama IV of the Chakri dynasty (1851 - 1868). The present-day royal palace dates from the reign of
King Chulalongkorn (1868 - 1919), when most of the buildings were constructed between 1872 - 1889.
Map of the Summer Palace
GPS : 14.2327734,100.576492
Ho Hem Monthian Thewarat
(Golden Palace of the God King)
Phra Thinang Uthayan Phumisathian
(Garden of the Secured Land)
Ho Withun Thasana (The Sages Lookout)
Wehat Chamrun Hall
Phra Thinang WarophatPhiman
Wat Niwettham Prawat & Boat Trip
How to Get There
Bang Pa-In palace is located at Bang Pa-In district, 18 kms
south of Ayutthaya. It is 58 kms north of Bangkok by rail,
and 61 kms by road.
1) By Car : Travel by Phahon Yothin Road to the north
and just follow the sign to Bang Pa-In.
2) By Bus : Bus No.17 (Bangkok-Bangsai-Bang Pa-In-
Ayutthaya) leave from the Northern Bus Terminal
(Morchit 2) every 30 minutes from 06.00 to 18.00 hrs.
3) By Boat. The tour agent can provide information on the
organized tour from Bangkok to Bangsai and Bang Pa-In.
Adult 100 baht/person.
Electric golf car rental : 450 baht for the first hour.
Open every day from 08.30 to 15.30 hrs.
Page | Brief History | Map | Ho Hem Monthian
Thewarat | Ho Withun Thasana
Phra Thinang Uthayan Phumisathian | Wehat Chamrun Hall | Monuments | Wat Niwettham Prawat | Other Sceneries